Friday, June 13, 2008

INSECURE???

One thing I found that troubled me over the 16 years I had panic & depression was I gave too much thought to what others opinions were of me and what they might think of me as a person! Things such as “if they really knew me for what I am like, they would not like me” or “I am too ugly, or fat, or stupid” or just simply “they don’t like me because I’m different”, etc. I hate to be the one to break it to you, but, simply put… WE ARE ALL DIFFERENT.

Sure, there are those out there willing to tell you otherwise, however, they would be the ones so insecure they are still to this day making up stories on how wonderful they truly are! If these people are so wonderful, they wouldn’t be spending so much time trying to convince you of it! The fact is, they are searching for compliments everywhere they go because they need CONFIRMATION that they are infact worthy!

CONFIDENT PEOPLE NEVER NEED TO CUT YOU (OR ANYONE ELSE DOWN) IN ORDER TO FEEL GOOD. It is the insecure people who do this to TRY to boost their self-worth, BUT, it is backwards, it NEVER works. I know, the first thing you want to do is give them a good tongue-lashing back, however, this does not really make you the victor either!!! NO-ONE knows what someone else is going through in their private lives, if you knew, perhaps you would be more sympathetic and learn to ignore them because they are looking to boost their self-worth by treading on you or for some sort of fight! When you come across someone like this, just sit and think for a moment, WHY are they like that, WHAT has made them be like this, and feel for them because they are in much more pain emotionally than you could ever imagine!

Don’t ever again look at someone conceited or “out there” in their personality and get jealous or feel sub-standard around them because they are coming from the exact same place you are, only over-compensating for their insecurities. Truly, you need to be sympathetic (in your own mind, not always verbally toward them), know in yourself that they are just as scared as you as to knowing their own abilities. I don’t care if it is about looks, skills, ability, knowledge, career, parenting, WHATEVER it is that someone is trying to point out to you to get you to feel bad, it is their own insecurities doing this!!! PLEASE KNOW THIS…. The people who really do have it all-together, WOULD NOT EVER, NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS GLOAT OR TRY TO MAKE YOU FEEL BAD ABOUT THEIR SUCCESSES OR TRIUMPHS. THEIR INTENTION WOULD NEVER BE TO MAKE YOU FEEL BAD! IT IS THE CONFIDENT SUCCESSFUL PEOPLE WHO CASUALLY GO ABOUT THEIR DAY AND…………… “LIVE AND LET LIVE” IS THEIR MOTTO!"

When you have a GREAT DAY, have you ever seriously tried to hurt someone on any level??? Think about it!

As Esther Hicks - aka Abraham would say "You have to NOT give a RIP about what anyone else thinks!!!"

LOTS OF LOVE

*.*.*. JOY .*.*.*

No comments: